Over a few decades, Teva has made its name known as a reliable brand for sandals. They aim to reach all sorts of customers, regardless of their gender and age.
It begs the question: Do Tevas run big or small? Are they going to be the right fit for you?
Rest assured, you will be able to find your size after this short read!
- A Quick View On Teva
- Do Tevas Run Big or Small?
- Teva Shoe Size Chart
- Does Tevas Come In Half Sizes?
- How To Find The Best-Fitted Tevas?
- Final Words
A Quick View On Teva
The journey of Teva began in 1984, out of the need for innovative footwear that won’t slip off and drift away. By adding velcros to flip-flops, Teva sandals had come to life.
As time went by, Teva’s purpose eventually focuses more on the fashion side. While the comfort in movements remains, they also want their customers to confidently experience and connect with their surroundings.
Nowadays, besides footwear bread with great value, Teva also earns points for their efforts in protecting the environment and giving back parts of what they receive.
Do Tevas Run Big or Small?
Tevas run true to size, especially if your feet are neither narrow nor wide. The velcro system allows us to adjust the fit further to our liking as well.
However, the shape of Teva sandals is known to be a bit long. Hence, users whose size falls in between the offered sizes usually round down and choose the smaller footwear. It applies to Teva’s standards in all countries.
Check more: Teva Vs Birkenstock Comparison
Teva Shoe Size Chart
Tevas Shoe Size Chart For Men
Tevas Shoe Size Chart For Women
Tevas Shoe Size Chart For Kids
For little kids (5 – 7.5 years)
For big kids (8 -12 years)
Tevas Shoe Size Chart For Infants & Toddlers
For Infants (0 – 2 years)
For Toddlers (1.5 – 5 years)
Does Tevas Come In Half Sizes?
According to the charts above, you can see sizes for grown men and women are available in half sizes across the US, UK, and Europe standards.
The three sizes for infants have a two-unit gap in between. With toddlers under size 8, the gap is only one size. It’s mostly because children of this age grow up very quickly.
With little kids and big kids, they have half sizes like adult footwear.
How To Find The Best-Fitted Tevas?
This is how you measure the size of your foot before using the size chart and settle for an option:
- Get a piece of paper that is bigger than your foot and draw a line longer than your feet’s length. Make sure the paper is flat.
- Put your foot on the line you draw with the highest toe and the heel aligned.
- Mark those two spots as correctly as possible.
- Measure the gap between the two marks you have and repeat the same process with your other foot.
- Use the bigger measurement and refer to the conversion chart for the corresponding size. And your Tevas should fit perfectly.
1. Do Teva Sandals Last Long?
Made of high-quality and durable materials, it’s fair for you to expect your Teva sandals to last for several years.
Endurance is certainly a virtue of Teva because they are neither expensive nor cheap. And, they offer so much for their price range.
2. Does Tevas Fit Wide Feet?
Yes! Both Teva sandals and flip-flops received positive feedback for fitting all types of feet, wide feet included.
It comes from a simple closure that you only need to hook and loop for a customized fit. The footbed is also very flexible compared to other brands, hence it can adjust to your foot shape as well.
3. Is Tevas Good For Hiking?
It depends on a few factors. There are reasons why Tevas is good for hiking:
- They are lightweight and easy to put on or take off, much more convenient than boots with a lacing system.
- If you are caught up in the rain or wet terrain, Teva boots don’t feel heavy. They also dry up much faster than chunky boots.
- The bottom of Teva shoes provides great traction. So, you can conquer various terrains.
- Teva is famous for its breathability, which is extremely important for hiking footwear because you don’t want to endure sweaty feet for a whole day.
However, we don’t recommend Tevas for long hikes because of a few existing problems:
- Teva footwear doesn’t have any ankle support. The decent arch support alone can’t save your feet from hurting at the end of the day.
- They mostly make sandals, and sandals have poor protection for your toes. So, injuries are very likely to happen.
- The open design allows small pebbles and debris to get under our feet. It will either hurt or trouble us a lot while hiking.
- Sandals are simply not ideal for cold weather.
4. What Can You Pair With Tevas Sandals?
Tevas have such a simple design, thus they can comfortably match various kinds of clothing:
- With jeans
High-waisted jeans are never outdated. Tuck your shirt into the waistband or choose a crop top, and you are ready for a casual outfit.
- With dresses
You can choose a flower-printed if your sandals have neutral colors and minimalistic designs. When your Tevas have more details and bolder colors, a dress with similar patterns or no patterns at all would be the best.
- With white pants
Nothing beats a white outfit when it comes to pairing with sandals. The look is relaxed and effortlessly elegant.
So, should you size up or down in Tevas? The answer depends on your foot size. Men’s and women’s Tevas are the same in this situation.
If you fit a certain size they offer, it doesn’t matter whether you have wide or narrow feet, because you can customize the fit.
But when your size is different from the standard chart, we recommend rounding down and choosing the smaller size.