What are the best New Balance shoes for plantar fasciitis? If the number of products is overwhelming for you, a list of hand-picked recommendations should help you out of your dilemma!
- Are All New Balance Shoes Good For Plantar Fasciitis?
- 4 Best New Balance Women’s Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
- 4 Best New Balance Men’s Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Are All New Balance Shoes Good For Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is one of the most commonly encountered issues, and it tends to target women. It is an inflammation in the area stretching from your heels to your feet’s arches, so the support for your steps is gone. Therefore, getting suitable shoes is a basic method to deal with it.
New Balance is a name frequently mentioned and discussed when it comes to plantar fasciitis or foot problems in general. The most obvious reason is that they design and produce shoes with ample support and amazing features such as shock absorption, cushioned soles, and roomy toe boxes.
4 Best New Balance Women’s Shoes For Plantar Fasciitis
1. NB Fresh Foam 1080 V11 – Best New Balance Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
The Fresh Foam feature is undeniably the key to victory for the 1080 V11. They distribute 22mm to the forefoot with an 8mm drop, hence you obtain a total of 30mm of Fresh Foam. It feels comfy and bouncy, preparing you for numerous activities.
The podiatrist recommended and considered 1080 shoes with maximized cushion and support. More amazingly, they are very light and movement-motivating, thus they encourage liveliness even for heel spurs.
Another reason these shoes are great for practice is the inward environment has strong resistance against inflammation and blister.
1080v11 is for you if you want the protect the ball of your foot from impact, but you should be aware of the limits as well. The upper is knit, so it might not be enough for you to endure a very cold day.
- Extremely amazing cushioning.
- The base is wide and stable.
- Anti-inflammation and protection against blisters.
- Various sizes and colors are available.
- The knitted upper might be too light for cold weather.
2. New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam 860v11
New Balance 860 V11 is another worthy candidate for your daily running shoes. With a 10mm difference between the heel and the front, this product provides a decent amount of Fresh Foam for cushioning and stability. You can confidently run with these shoes without feeling like they are too soft.
Not only that, but the upper is very versatile too. The mesh is designed and made to be flexible and fitting whether you have wide or narrow feet. With a gusseted tongue, your instep is guaranteed a comfortable fit no matter what position you attempt.
Unlike the previous versions, V11 has a pinch heel that prevents your heel from slipping off. It doesn’t hug the Achilles anymore, hence blister and irritation will no longer be your concern.
- Max cushioning from Fresh Foam.
- Stable and fitting.
- Durable and comfy.
- It runs a smaller size.
- The ball of your foot might feel tight.
3. NB 928 V3 Lace-up Walking Shoe – Best Women’s New Balance Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Stability and cushion are what New Balance promises to deliver if you put your faith in the 928 V3. From the overall design to the stitches, it is incredibly simple, though the value it brings is something to be in awe of.
It features the EVA – a material similar to rubber – for the midsole and offers that stretchy, slightly bouncy feeling with each step you take. The inner structure of this shoe is just as supporting and comforting for your feet, in contradiction with the durable mesh upper.
Walking Strike Path for natural motion, Rollbar for stable heels, and Abzorb for shock-absorbing cushion – the technology trio contributed to the generous cushioning and stability of the shoes.
- Support for your arch and ankle.
- Stable and breathable.
- Suitable for different widths of feet.
- Slightly expensive.
- The laces might not be for everyone.
4. New Balance Women’s 877 V1 Walking Shoe
877v1 walking shoes are quite popular amongst shoes for plantar fasciitis. Like most of its New Balance fellows, it is made of high-quality mesh for the upper and suede for the main part, so it can withstand the challenge of the outer environment while giving your feet a tender embrace.
When you start walking, you will feel that sturdiness from the outsole – this factor is extremely important as it holds your feet in the right position for quick recovery from foot problems. Secondly, the Abzorb cushioning technology will take all the impact and ensure your comfort during practice.
The outsole is unfortunately not as durable as what we expect from New Balance, yet the craftsmanship is still very impressive considering the fair price.
- Great cushioning and support.
- Roomy toebox.
- Many available widths.
- The outsole is not as durable as the others.
4 Best New Balance Men’s Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
1. NB Fresh Foam 1080 V10 – Best New Balance Men’s Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Still one of the best New Balance fresh foam shoes for running, the 1080 V10 offers out-of-the-box comfort with no break-in time needed. It’s designed to have proper cushioning while maintaining a minimum weight.
Combined with the smart design are the breathable materials that regulate moisture and spare necessary room. They stretch and contour to the feet without rubbing and causing blisters, hence you might run a long distance very comfortably.
This model comes in a variety of colors and sizes for a wide range of customers. The most noticeable flaw in the 1080V10 would also be its fabrics. Synthetic materials and mesh are not great at retaining warmth, so they won’t be the best winter shoes you can have.
- A lot of cushioning.
- The base is stable.
- Protection against blister.
- The fabrics are a little thin.
2. NB Men’s 1540 V3 Running Shoe
Featuring a mesh upper, the 1540 V3 version possesses a sporty and firm look to match a structure providing durability, support, and protection. When you put these shoes on, your feet will be completely secured and covered with cushioning.
Every time you set your foot for a step, multiple layers of foam in the sole will be ready to accommodate. Moreover, 1540 V3 secures your ankle with a padded tongue and collar while still giving your feet enough air.
When it comes to versatility, there is hardly any product that could compete with the 1540 V3. They are available in only 3 colors, but they have 10 sizes and 3 width options ready to satisfy your dire need. Sometimes, the shoes don’t seem like a perfect fit for us despite the correct size, and it won’t be the case here.
- They mold to your feet with comfort.
- Compatible with different foot widths.
- Stability is top-notch.
- Breathable materials.
- Quiet expensive.
- A little heavy.
3. New Balance Men’s 928 V3 Lace-up Walking Shoe
For people who are searching for high-quality walking shoes with ample cushioning and support, the 928 V3 is one of the most valuable options in the market. The low-profile and basic design is a plus point rather than a flaw, for it has so much more to offer.
The lace, the collar, and the tongue are made to adjust to our feet without applying any pressure. With fine fabrics, the inner environment is air-regulated and anti-microbial. But the real magic starts when you take your steps with these shoes, thanks to the technologies incorporated into them.
New Balance uses the Abzorb insertion technique to make their midsoles luxuriously plush and stable at the same time. Your walking experience is then enhanced with Rollbar, a technology that aims at the heels and keeps your movement steady.
They combine based on the Walking Strike Path foundation and ensured a natural positioning for your feet.
- Ample room for the toes and support for the feet.
- Very lightweight.
- Ensuring stability and fit.
- A little expensive.
- The tongue of the shoe is a bit short.
4. New Balance Men’s Made in Us 990 V4 Sneaker
The New Balance 990 is quite an icon in the 990 product line. It steals hearts right at first sight thanks to the simplistic but classy design. The mesh upper guarantees endurance with a nice front closure to hug your foot protectively, but the lining inside is extremely soft and comfy.
Although rubber midsoles are no longer something extraordinary, the ENCAP type takes it to another level of support and durability. From the toe to the heel, there is a minimized difference of 12 mm, thus your feet won’t be in a bad position every time you walk. Additionally, the midsole also has EVA for shock absorption.
If you are not on a budget, you can invest in this high-end product for the long run. Other than the price tag, nothing can hold a customer from picking these valuable shoes.
- An all-rounder: quality, comfort, endurance, and fit.
- Sufficient room for your toebox.
- Compatible with various activities.
- Slightly heavy despite the great support.
- Expensive (but worthy).
1. Why Do Podiatrists Recommend New Balance?
When your feet encounter problems, they will need the most compatible footwear. As New Balance offers various models for different shapes of feet, it automatically becomes worthy of consideration.
Furthermore, these shoes have great structure and material, which makes them a beneficial choice for your wardrobe.
2. How To Get Rid Of Plantar Fasciitis Fast?
Aside from intensive techniques like therapies and surgeries, which also require time and effort, there are a few things you can do to quickly achieve comfort:
- Resting enough is the most important and also the easiest step. With some icing on the affected area, you will get instant relief and long-term healing.
- Basic exercises at home are very easy to follow. First of all, stand on a platform and allow your heels to hang off one by one, so your calves will be stretched. Secondly, roll a frozen water-filled bottle with ridges on the afflicted foot for about five minutes every day.
- Heel pads, compression socks, and therapy wraps are fairly effective in treating your feet without being a hindrance in your daily routine. However, you will need to choose the products carefully and ask for advice from your doctor if necessary.
- Night splints might take some time before you get used to them, yet it is amazing at stretching your calf and keeping your ankle from an overly relaxed position.
- Getting orthotic shoes for your plantar is a doctor-recommended method for you to continue your daily errands with no disruption.
3. What Shoes To Avoid If You Have Plantar Fasciitis?
Hopefully, these shoes are not part of your collection. In case you have them, you’d better put them away!
- High heels, if worn too often, will cause foot problems. The higher the heels, the more unconventionally positioned your feet are. Not only does your plantar fasciitis worsen, but your ankle will constantly be at risk of spraining.
- Flip-flops and flats are second-worst for people who suffer plantar fasciitis. Maybe they don’t put your feet in an abnormal ankle, but they offer little to no comfort at all. They can’t reduce the impact on your feet or distribute your body weight evenly.
- New shoes that need break-in time usually feel very stiff at first, especially for your heel bones, and add more pain to your condition. A little trick is to put a bag filled with water and sealed firmly inside your shoe before letting it rest overnight in the fridge. When water is solidified, it also expands and stretches the tight shoe for you.
- Old shoes, ones that have been over prime time, are not better than new shoes. The worn-out soles won’t have enough support for your feet.
If you are thinking about sticking to nature and leaving your feet bare, stop right now! It is worse than flip-flops because you will have absolutely no support for your feet and expose them to all harmful factors at the same time.
4. Are Soft Or Firm Shoes Better For Plantar Fasciitis?
Both of them are good for your feet as long as they provide sufficient support and maintain a proper arch for your feet. According to experts, semi-rigid is the best.
5. Should You Wear Socks With Plantar Fasciitis?
It’s undoubtedly painful to walk when you have plantar fasciitis, hence a pair of socks will come in handy.
Nonetheless, it is much more effective when you use socks specifically designed for these foot problems, and they are usually known as compression socks. They apply pressure on and compress your foot arch for arch support and anti-inflammation.
In the end, we have decided on the best New Balance shoes for plantar fasciitis: NB Fresh Foam 1080 V11 for women and NB Fresh Foam 1080 V10 for men. They both have great value at a reasonable price, which makes them compatible with almost everyone.