From a limited shoe release in 1982, Nike Air Force 1 has become the all-time best-selling model of Nike. It’s also the #1 favorite sneaker, according to the Sneakerenomics 2021 Year In Review report by Matt Powell. Yet, knowing Nike Air Force 1 sizing is challenging for Nike newbies and those with little experience in sneakers.
This article will provide you the detailed sizing charts and useful sizing tips to help you find your perfect Air Force 1s.
Do Air Force Ones Fit True To Size, Big, Or Small?
Generally, Nike Air Force Ones are true to size. Their small width gives you a snug fit, while their length is roomier than other Nike sneakers. This isn’t an issue if you have wide feet.
But not all Air Force 1s have the same fit. In other words, their fit is based on their styles. As below:
- Nike AF1 React: This AF1 gives you a snug fit. Thus, if you are in-between sizes, you should choose the smaller size. If you have wide feet, you should go a half-size up.
- Nike Air Force 1 ‘07: This sneaker is true to size and its sizing is available for men and women.
- Nike Air Force 1 Shadow: Unlike the original AF, the Shadow is bigger and specifically designed for women. You should go a size down when choosing the Shadow.
- Nike Air Force 1 LE (Logo Edition): This Nike sneaker is true to size.
- Nike Air Force 1 Crater Flyknit: This sneaker is true to size. Yet, its upper features an exposed foam, making it slightly tighter than the original one.
- Nike Air Force Sage Low: This women-specific Nike is true to size. Yet, its platform sole is too bulky.
- Nike Air Force 1 by You (custom version): Unlike other AF1s, you can choose your fit options for your sneakers, including narrow, medium, or wide.
Check Nike AF1's Price on Amazon.com
Nike Air Force 1 Sizing chart
Women’s Nike Air Force 1 size chart
|US – Women||UK||EU||Inches||cm|
Men’s Nike Air Force 1 size chart
|US – Men||UK||EU||Inches||cm|
Kid’s Nike Air Force 1 size chart
|US – Kids’||UK||EU||cm|
Air Force 1 Vs Other Shoe Brands Sizing
Compared to Converse
Air Force 1 is true to size than Converse. Those Nike sneakers are a half size smaller than most Converse sneakers. If you prefer a snug fit when switching from Converse to Air Force 1, you should go a half-size down.
Converse Pro Leather sneakers are exceptions, and they run true to size. Yet, some of them, like the Chucks, Chuck ’70s, Jack Purcells, and One Stars, are a half-size bigger than AF1.
Compared to Vans
In terms of size charts (or shoe length), Nikes are a half-size EU roomier than Vans.
For example, while a Nike sneaker for US men 9 is 42.5 in EU size, a Vans for US men 9 is only 42 in EU size. But this sizing story is different when comparing their widths. All Air Force 1 sneakers offer a wider fit than Vans (like Vans Ultrarange Exos or Old Skools).
Great news for sneakerheads with wide feet is that both Nike Air Force 1 and Vans have their custom sizing profile for big feet. So, whether you choose AF1 or Vans, you can always have your perfect shoe size covered.
Check more: Asics Size Charts For All
Why Should You Get The Nike Air Force 1?
After understanding the Nike Air Force 1 sizing guide, you might wonder how this classic, retro Nike sneaker was so popular.
First released in 1982, Nike Air Force 1 (or AF1) was started by Bruce Kilgore and was named after the US presidential airplane. First, they are designed for the basketball court and earned 6 NBA stars, and were worn by 6 top NBA players of the area (Calvin Natt, Michael Cooper, Moses Malone, Bobby Jones, Jammal Wilkes, and Mychal Thompson).
After nearly being discontinued in 1984, it was renewed in 1986 by Baltimore retailers with a Nike logo and a Swoosh on the sole and the shoe’s back. After 40+ years of continuous improvements, Air Force 1 has become the #1 all-time best-selling sneaker of Nike and was favored worldwide by millions of sneakerheads.
Whether you are a runner, a sneakerhead, or a fashion addict, you should have got at least a pair of Nike Air Force 1 for many reasons.
- First, they look good in almost all of your outfits. You can wear a pair of Air Force 1 to work, school, the gym, or anywhere you like every day.
- Second, they offer a wide range of sizes for men, women, and kids, and they are true to size. That says you can easily switch from another shoe brand, or another Nike, to Nike Air Force with little to no difficulty.
- Third, Air Force 1 is the first basketball sneaker to inherit the exclusive Nike Air technology in the midsole. Its full-grain leather top and a roomy toe box allow your feet to breathe, while the padded collar and rubber outsole provide better traction and grip.
These characteristics make the sneaker durable and powerful enough for basketball or other sports.
- Last but not least, Air Force 1 often gets in collaboration with superstars. Many rappers like Keny West or Nelly wear Air Force 1, and these shoes are featured in newspapers. Plus, this classic sneaker also appeared in many sitcoms and movies, like X-men, and Sons of Anarchy.
Some most popular Nike Air Forces
- Based on ranges: Butterfly PRM Popcorn, React/React All-Star, Travis Scott, Low, High, Shadow, Experimental Black, AF1 ‘07 Craft.
AF1 ‘07 Low (white version) is the most popular AF1 since the 1990s, thanks to the street culture in New York and Baltimore.
- Based on the shoe collar’s height: Air Force 1 offers 3 collar lengths, AF1 Low, AF1 Mid, and AF1 High.
AF1 Low is the most popular version and it is easy to go with all outfits in your wardrobe. If you prefer more protection around your ankles, especially for playing basketball, you can choose the Mid or High version.
Although these 3 options are true to size, the Mid and High options are bulkier, tighter, and need to go 0.5 sizes up than the Low version.
How To Size Nike Air Force 1 For Your Feet?
You should measure your feet’s length and width to detect your exact Air Force 1’s size in the 4 following steps:
- Step 1: Wear your socks, then stand on a piece of plain paper. If you are a wheelchair user or a newborn/baby/toddler, you can skip this step.
- Step 2: Hold a pencil/pen at a 90-degree to outline your foot. Hold the pencil/pen to get an accurate outline.
- Step 3: Use a ruler/tape measure to measure the width and the length of your feet.
- Step 4: Compare your numbers with the sizing chart to find your shoe size.
To get the exact measurements:
- Measure your feet in the afternoon or evening. Your feet tend to swell throughout the day due to blood circulation and movement.
- Take measurements of your two feet. Then, use the biggest number as your shoe size.
- Stand while measuring, since your feet are bigger when you are standing due to your body weight.
- Not all Air Force 1 fits equally. You should consult the size chart based on your specific AF1 style.
- You should wear socks made of breathable fabric with your Air Force 1 to get the ultimate comfort.
1. Do Nike Air Force 1 come in half sizes?
Yes, Nike Air Force 1 sneakers do come in half-size. Since these sneakers are known for their extra-wide profile, you should choose a half-size down. For instance, if your size is a men’s 12.5, you should choose AF1s in men’s 12.
2. Do Nike Dunk sneakers fit the same as Air Force 1?
The Nike Dunk and the Nike Air Force 1 have different fits. While Dunks offer a regular fit, Air Force 1s offer a larger fit.
The SB Dunk is a half-size down from the Air Force 1, and they are less bulky on foot than the Air Force 1.
3. Do Jordan 1 and Air Force One have the same fit?
Even though the Air Jordan 1 and the Air Force are true to size, their fits are not the same. The Jordan 1 has a narrow fit, while the Air Force 1 has a larger fit.
After knowing the Nike Air Force Ones sizing chart, you might ask questions like, “Should I go up or down when picking my Air Force 1s?”, “Should I keep my current size?”.
If you want to get a snug fit, you should go a half size down from your common Nike size or your current shoe size (if you are wearing shoes of another brand). If you prefer a relaxed fit, you should stay in your regular size.